How to Create a Date Night Jar and Never Be Bored Again!
You’ve probably seen one of those cute date night jars on Pinterest or Facebook. You know the ones… where it has little popsicle sticks with date night ideas jotted down on them and stuff. It’s a great, little idea for couples that are a bit indecisive.
If you’ve never made a jar for date nights then this is totally your jam.
Check it out…
How to Create a Date Night Jar
The actual jar is about as simple as it gets.
Though, you can get really creative with its design!
1. The first step is to gather all of the materials that you will need for your date night jar. This includes a large Mason jar, popsicle sticks, pencils, and paper.
2. Next, you will want to brainstorm some fun date night ideas. Be sure to include a variety of activities that both you and your partner will enjoy.
3. Once you have a good list of ideas, it’s time to start filling up your jar! Write each date night idea on a separate popsicle stick and then place them in the jar.
4. Now comes the fun part… choosing your next date night! Whenever you and your partner are feeling indecisive, simply reach into the jar and pick out a stick. Whichever activity is written on that stick is what you will do for your next date night!
5. Enjoy your time together and never be bored again!
Some recommendations I have when creating a date night jar is to use one of the larger mason jars you can find online or locally. One of those big, 32oz mason jars. That way you can keep adding tons of things to it as you go!
A larger jar also means you can do something other than the usual popsicle sticks. I’ve seen something similar but with little wooden hearts. Super cute!
You can also do a lot of cool things with the decorations whether that’s adding some ribbons or strings, or adding a touch of paint.
Note: We receive a small commission if you purchase one of these products through our link.
Check out this cool video and then mod your date night jar as desired:
You could also paint some of the thingies you put into the jar, too. This could even be color coordinated by type of date. Or, just whatever you want to give it that unique aesthetic that the two of you love!
Fun Date Night Jar Ideas
If you and your partner are looking for some fun ideas for your next date night, look no further! Here are a few of our favorite ideas to get you started with filling that date night jar!
1. Go on a picnic.
2. Have a movie night at home.
3. Make a pizza and watch a movie.
4. Take a dance class together.
5. Go stargazing.
6. Play tourist for the day and explore your own city/town.
7. Visit a nearby winery or brewery.
8. Make homemade ice cream sundaes.
9. Go on a hike.
10. Have a game night at home.
11. Get massages.
12. Visit a new town or city nearby.
13. Attend a concert or show together.
14. Take a cooking class together.
15. Go on a bike ride.
16. Visit an amusement park or carnival.
17. Go kayaking or canoeing together.
18. Spend the day at the beach or pool.
19. Have a picnic lunch in a nearby park.
20. See a movie at an outdoor theater or drive-in.
21. Go for a scenic walk or hike together.
22. Visit a farmers market or go apple/pumpkin picking.
23. Make a homemade dinner and eat by candlelight.
24. Go on a ghost tour of your city or town.
25. Attend a sporting event together.
26. Play tourist and visit all the local landmarks.
27. Go on a scenic road trip together.
28. Get tickets to a comedy show or improv night.
29. Visit an art gallery or museum together.
30. Take a dance lesson together.
31. Make homemade pizzas and have a pizza party.
32. Play laser tag or paintball.
33. Go bowling or mini-golfing.
34. Have a game night with friends.
35. Attend a wine tasting or beer brewing class.
These are just a few ideas to get you started. Be sure to add your own personal touch to your date night jar and make it unique to you and your partner!
A Fun Little Project for Couples
Technically speaking… creating a date night jar could be an at-home date of its own!
As someone who goes back and forth with trying to figure out where to go out, these little jars are a great way to just get things going. You’ll probably do more dates in general because now you’re now spending half the afternoon trying to decide lol!
Anyway… have fun with this one!
You’ve probably seen one of those cute date night jars on Pinterest or Facebook. You know the ones… where it has little popsicle sticks with date night ideas jotted down on them and stuff. It’s a great, little idea for couples that are a bit indecisive. If you’ve never made a jar for date nights then this…